Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Denied!!!!

So I tried to put up an article on Wikipedia about Dangerous Dan's Diner...and I should note before going on that I don't own any portion of Dangerous Dan's...nor does the owner or employees know me or vice versa...I just like the place and know that it's pretty well known...anyways...I was denied...

The PTB over at wiki promptly flagged my article as a 'notability/promotion' thing and had it put up for speedy deletion/removal...

I'm a bit bitter about this...but as the cliché goes...c'est la vie...

What I found funny/annoying is that it was flagged almost instantly...and checking into the person that flagged me found that this dude is fairly active in the screening of wiki pages and what not...but come on...I barely had it up and you flagged it?? I mean I'm glued to my computer...but this is a bit much yes?

Anyways...Again...yes I am bitter...and I'm sorry to 'Quick draw McGraw' (not actually his name) who flagged my page if I come across as bashing him for being the ever vigilant watcher over all that is Wiki...and I'm not in anyway bad mouthing Wiki either...I praise it for everything that it is and does...I'm just mystified by its quick action...but I guess they get alot of people positng things to advertise and what not...

Rant over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home